SERVANTS' MINISTRY, Inc.
Welcome to our website
What to Do When We Wait on God?
Have you prayed about a certain situation in your life and found yourself waiting for an answer? Do you wonder why the answer has not yet come? Do you think that victory has passed by?
There may be times when we pray long and hard about a problem in our life without receiving a quick answer. WHY? Dear one, God does hear those prayers! He is working on the answers even though we may not think so. Our situation can change quickly without warning, but one thing is certain . . . before God moves, we will wait. Waiting for answers from the Lord is a fact of life! We all go through it! So the question is . . . not IF we will wait . . . it is how long will we wait.
Two Ways to Wait
There are only TWO ways that we can wait: #1. All of us will wait passively or inactively, or #2. We will wait expectantly and hoprfully.
A passive person hopes something good will happen and just waits to see if it does. It won’t be too long, he gives up.
The expectant and eager person, is hopeful, believing the answer could come at any time. His belief is not a passive (do nothing) thing. He is full of hope, expecting his problem to be solved. He goes to sleep praying and wakes up every morning expecting an answer. He may wait and wait, but he does not give up, and eventually what he’s been waiting and praying for happens.
Believe It Shall Happen
Consider a woman expecting a baby. She knows that within her is a baby, and even though she cannot see it, she knows it is there, she can feel it. She starts planning for her baby's arrival. She is expectant and she will wait as long as it takes.
We know the word wait means "to expect" or "to look for." But we must remember, it also means "to serve" just like a waitress waits on your table at a restaurant. The act of waiting on God is NOT meant to be spent sitting around passively (doing nothing) hoping that something will happen sometime soon.
Be Patient with Faith
Once one of God’s children have gone to the Lord in prayer, and asked Him to answer a question or solve a problem, we need to EAGERLY await His answer that is sure to come. We need to be serving actively, aggressively and expectantly. Any time that our hearts are eager to hear from God, He loves to hasten with His solution . . . BUT. . . it must be in HIS plan and purpose and for our good! He wants only the best for us, and our timing may not be His timing! So many times this waiting period actually serves as a time of our preparing for His answer. If God answered right away, many of us would be ill-prepared to handle His solution.
Sometimes we may think the mess we are in, needs His immediate answer. We may think that we cannot wait any longer . . . but God always knows what is best for us. Trust Him, now and always! We must keep waiting on God . . . trusting Him with simple faith. God will move when the time is exactly right for your problem!
Things to do while waiting on God
If you are waiting on the Lord here are some things you can do:
- Keep on keeping on in prayer, about what you are waiting for and ask others to pray for you. God loves and honors obedience and prayer is an absolute must in your relationship with Him. LISTEN to Him when you pray! Prayer is a conversation . . . it is a two-way street! Prayer is NOT always about our talking to Him . . . but our listening to His side! Unless we are silent . . . we will NOT be able to HEAR Him! Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. (KJV)
- Be open-minded to God’s will and not just to your own plan. At times God may offer things that seem impossible to our human minds. And too, at times He is going to give you two roads . . . your way or His way. His way looks so much harder, but the truth is that it is just your self-doubt that can stop His way! Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, (KJV)
- Don’t get discouraged. What if you wait for a year, or two or three years, and get nowhere? Some people in the Bible waited much longer! Be patient! Keep praying! Keep trusting the Lord! Do not lapse in your faith! If you feel your faith subsiding, pray for your faith to be increased (Lk.17:5). Pray for renewed strength. Do NOT give up! Keep your your heart focused. What you have been waiting for will happen! Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)
- Open your ears to listen to Him. Sometimes answers come through the wisdom of others like friends, family, pastors and sometimes your very own thoughts. BUT . . . be extremely careful for doomsayers and gloominess. There are some people that want to bring you down. Surround yourself with people who lift you up. Matthew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. (KJV)
- Have a servant’s heart. No matter where you are in your position of waiting on God, you should always focus on serving God through serving people. Jesus should be Who we should imitate! Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. (KJV)
John 13:13-14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. (KJV)
- Build your relationship with the Lord and His people. If you want to make a difference in your life, start building a future with the right kind of people. You will prosper when you have been perfected by God and He releases you to fulfill your destiny. Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. (KJV)
A TRUE Christian Waits Patiently
Blessings Come From Waitng
Failure to Wait Brings God's Wrath
For WHAT Do We Wait?
How To Wait on God
Knowing God's Will Scriptures
Makes Us More Like Christ
Other Nnames For Sin
Purpose of God Scriptures
Reasons God Makes Us Wait
Reasons to Wait
Scriptures On God's Timing
Seven Examples of Waiting
Seven Ways to Wait
Shunning Sin Is Wise
Sins of Omission
Understanding Given to Seekers By God
Wait on God
Waiting on God
Waiting on God Is Wise
Ways to Renew Your Strength
What to do While Waiting
WHY Should We Wait?
Wisdom Given to Seekers
Wise to Wait on God